Slip and Fall Concerns
If you have been injured from a slip and fall, you may be feeling stressed about a lot of things. Our Phoenix attorney outlines the slip and fall concerns that most clients have asked out.
Slip and Fall Concerns | Common Injuries from Slip and Falls
A slip and fall injury can be minor or serious in nature. The most common injuries associated with these accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as a twisted ankle or sprained wrist
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries, including concussions, whiplash, and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lacerations and bruising
Slip and Fall Concerns | Can I Go After a Store if I Slip and Fall?
A client recently contacted us after she slipped and fell in a convenience store. She initially didn’t feel like she was that hurt. It later turned out that she had some pretty severe injuries as a result of that fall. A lot of people will try to discourage you or make it sound like you’re a bad person or something if you try to peruse a slip and fall claim against some type of company. However, the reality is that those companies are oftentimes responsible. It is their negligence that lead to you slipping and falling in those locations.
You shouldn’t be responsible for the medical bills because of somebody else’s negligence. If you ever slip and fall and you’re injured, first off, seek medical care for your injuries. Then also contact your attorney so that they can help you recover for those injuries.
Slip and Fall Concerns | Protect Your Possible Claim
As you’ve learned, these claims aren’t easy to prove even though they may seem simple. Here’s how you can help your claim. The following can help a Phoenix slip and fall lawyer who is reviewing your potential claim:
- Take photos of the accident scene. Make sure that you include at least one picture that shows the cause of your slip and fall.
- Write down the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed what happened.
- If you’re visiting a restaurant, retail establishment, or other business, ask for an accident or incident report to be created. Get a copy of it. If they say they cannot create one, call the police. Although the accident happened on private property, the police can respond and create an informational report. You can get the report number from the responding officer.
- Keep all of your medical bills and receipts related to what you pay so that your injury may be treated. Make copies of this information.
To learn more about these sorts of accidents and to find out if you have a valid claim, contact a Phoenix slip and fall lawyer as soon as you can after the accident for a free consultation!